Before selling your car, an inspection is a great way to find out its current market value. But setting up an inspection takes a lot of time, could cost you money, and it should be done by someone who has been trained and is trustworthy in order to get a proper value for your car.
Carsome aims to take all that hassle away by simplifying the process for you so you can sell your car conveniently with peace of mind. With our new Self-Inspection feature, you can sell your car in the comfort and safety of your own home!
Here’s how our new self-inspection feature works.
Step 1: Arrange a Self-Inspection Session
Before you start the self-inspection process please note that this feature is currently available within the Klang Valley region and is only applicable for continental car brands such as Jaguar, Audi, Volvo, Volkswagen, BMW, Mercedes, and the likes at the moment. More brands will be added in the future so stay tuned for that announcement!
Once you have decided to sell your car, or if you’re curious to find out the current value of your car, the first step is to call 1800 88 3388 or click here to WhatsApp our Customer Service team to arrange a self-inspection session.
Step 2: Complete The Form
Next, our team will get in touch with you and send you a Google form that you will need to complete while conducting the self-inspection. The following are some personal and vehicle-related details that you will have to fill in:
- Contact Number
- Email Address
- Vehicle Plate Number – The number plate of the car that you plan to sell.
- Vehicle Brand – The brand of the vehicle that you are selling such as BMW, Mercedes, Volkswagen, etc.
- Vehicle Model – Model of the vehicle that you are selling such as BMW X1, Volkswagen Passat, Audi A4, etc.
- Vehicle Engine Capacity (CC) – This information can be found either in the vehicle manual or in the Vehicle Ownership Certificate (VOC).
- Vehicle Year Make
In the form, you will also be required to upload photos of your vehicle according to the samples given. The photos should be clear and make sure you cover all the angles listed in the sample photos, such as:
- Front Seat
- Rear Seat
- Rear Fender
- Engine Bay
- Front Right
- Rear Left
When taking photos of your car, you are advised to do it under a well-lit condition. You can also make use of your mobile phone’s flash function to ensure the photos you take come out clear and not blurry.
You can also include extra photos of your vehicle if there are certain conditions or damages that you would like to highlight. The extra photo should be a clear, close-up shot that will clearly show the conditions that you would like to highlight.
Step 3: Receive Offer From Carsome
After completing the form and submitting it to us, our Retail Managers will reach out to you with a price offer based on the information we received in the form. Should you agree to the price offered to you, you will then be required to send your car in for a full inspection at your nearest Carsome Experience Center.
The car will then undergo our stringent 175-point inspection process to ensure that it is free from major accidents, as well as frame, fire, and flood damage. If the car passes our inspection, we will then proceed to honor the price we offered to you.
Sell Your Car to Carsome
If you are happy with the price that we offered, you can accept the offer and proceed to sell your car. We will handle all the paperwork for you and you can expect to be paid in one hour*.
Here are some items and documents that you need to prepare if you decide to accept our offer and sell your car to us.
- Registration Card (RC) / Vehicle Ownership Certificate (VOC)
- MyKad/NRIC (Or passport for non-Malaysians)
- Spare keys (If available)
- Approved Permit (AP) (Company or individual for verification, if applicable)
- Hire Purchase Settlement (For cars with an outstanding loan amount. This can be acquired from the bank)
- Purchase Invoice (For cars purchased by cash)
- Third-party authorization letter (For cars registered under a company or different name)
Make It Carsome for Complete Peace of Mind
With that, Carsome has introduced a new way of selling used cars in a bid to improve the overall journey, essentially making it much easier for you. Our seamless service is extremely convenient and the best part is, we will take care of everything for you, including all the hassle and the paperwork.
- Inspection booking: Just schedule your free inspection appointment online at carsome.my/sell-car or with our Customer Service team. We will call you to confirm your details and schedule your inspection at your nearest center.
- Professional inspection: Attend your scheduled inspection and our skilled inspectors will conduct a thorough 175-point inspection on your car before offering you a price.
- Get an offer: After inspection, we will offer a price for your car on the spot, or you have the option to put your car up for live bidding where our dealers nationwide will bid for your car, and you may get up to 20 percent* more than market value.
- Hassle-free process: Once you accept a price, we will handle all the paperwork and legalities for you, and you can expect to be paid in one hour*.
So, if you are ready to sell your car with Carsome, book a self-inspection with us now! We are always ready to help you.
A self-proclaimed foodie and gamer whose passion for food and games have recently extended to cars.