Currently, we only buy cars registered in Malaysia (including Sabah and Sarawak), but this excludes cars registered in Labuan and Langkawi. We do not accept cars registered outside of Malaysia.
We do not accept cars that are damaged by major accident or flood, beyond economical repair, those with a tampered Chassis/Engine number, or gearbox changed from Automatic transmission to Manual transmission (or vice versa).
Should your car had an engine (cc) or gearbox changed, this is acceptable as long as it is from the same manufacturer's model with the same specifications. No modifications will be accepted.
We also accept special cars of the following criteria:
Cars owned by non-Malaysian citizens:
We do buy cars owned by non-Malaysian citizens. However, the process differs from CARSOME’s standard procedures.
Non-Malaysian car owners have to go through the following processes:
1. Clear any outstanding bank loans and provide a Puspakom B5 report (transfer of ownership inspection process at Puspakom).
2. Send the car to CARSOME for inspection to finalize the transaction (accept CARSOME’s on-the-spot offer or opt for online bidding).
3. Perform the ownership transfer in person with CARSOME’s inspector at JPJ’s (the Road and Transport Department of Malaysia) center, where the car owner’s thumbprint will be recorded.
4. Wait for CARSOME to issue payment.
Cars registered under Police or Army ID:
The process for selling cars registered under Police or Army ID follows our standard procedures. Car owners with vehicles registered under Police or Army ID are required to update their IDs to the standard 12-digit NRIC number before proceeding.
Cars with engines over 3,000cc:
At the moment, we only accept the makes and models below:
- Ford: Ranger, Trader
- Honda: Accord, Elysion, LaGreat
- Isuzu: Citation, D-Max
- Mazda: BT-50, CX-9, MPV
- Mitsubishi: Pajero, Storm, Triton
- Nissan: Cefiro, Elgrand, Infiniti, Murano, Skyline, Urvan
- Toyota: Alphard, Estima, Harrier, Hiace, Hilux, Land Cruiser
Since 1 July 2022, we accept selected performance cars. However, we only accept performance cars of the following make/models:
1) Mercedes Benz (AMG, Brabus series)
2) BMW (M series)
3) Audi (S, RS series)
4) Volkswagen (R series)
To sell a performance car, please take note that we require the following:
- a valid warranty (manufacturer warranty or extended warranty with a minimum of 6 months validity);
- insurance; and
- Puspakom B5 report (transfer of ownership inspection process at Puspakom).
These cars can only be sold to a CARSOME Inspection Center in West Malaysia (within Klang Valley, and selected inspection centers outside of the Klang Valley). We do not accept performance cars that are damaged by major accidents or floods, or those with a tampered Chassis/Engine number.
If you are uncertain about your make and model, please email us at info@CARSOME.my or call 1800-82-3388 for more information.
We purchase vans, performance cars, and all reconditioned cars with company or individual approved permits (AP). If you are unable to find the car model on CARSOME’s online appointment booking form, please email us at info@CARSOME.my or call 1800-82-3388 to arrange an inspection appointment.