Buying or selling a used car at a dealership is a nerve-racking experience, especially for first-time buyers. Most first-time car buyers these days are gravitating to online shopping platforms because of factors such as the convenience, as well as easy access to a wide selection of items. Just like purchasing products from online sellers, people expect to spend less effort to get what they want including buying a used car!
However, it is a known fact that selling or purchasing a used car the traditional way involves putting in a lot of effort – the traditional route involves multiple visits to different physical dealerships, the tedious paperwork, and the lengthy processes.
So here are five reasons why Malaysians are moving away from the traditional method of car selling and buying.
|Table of Contents|
1. It’s Hard to Find Quality Used Cars
In the life of an average Malaysian, buying a car is a major financial decision since they will be dealing with a very costly transaction – this is one of the many reasons why many turn to used cars. However, the hunt for a quality used car can be a long one because of various factors, which at times, may include the lack of transparency.
Oftentimes, you may not have access to the inspection report which makes it difficult for you to identify a quality used car – used car dealerships attract may buyers a great selection but you would not be sure of the quality unless you have the inspection report on hand.
This is why online platforms such as Carsome offers used cars that have passed a thorough 175-point inspection of high standards conducted by trained professionals. On top of that, all Carsome car listings come with the full 175-point inspection report and feature close-up pictures as well, while some include a 360-degree view to ensure you have full transparency when you buy a car online with us.
2. It’s Just Too Much Hassle
Imagine this, you’ve scoured through all your resources to find a dealership that offers the car of your dreams or wants to accept the car you’re selling at your terms, only to find out that this specific dealership is in another district, or maybe even in another state!
Not everyone wants to spend their days purchasing or selling their car at a dealership. Plus, what would happen if the deal couldn’t be sealed?
Additionally, searching for a used car dealership to find a quality ride that matches your needs can be time-wasting because you may have to visit several dealerships to compare prices. Furthermore, if you want to sell your car, you will also have to find a buyer or a dealer to buy it at a fair price.
3. There Are Too Many Processes
When talking about buying or selling used cars, traditionally, there’s no running away from all the processes and there is no denying that there are a lot of them.
If you’re planning to sell your car the usual way, you will need to find a buyer or dealership that agrees to your price. You must also seek out a reputable inspector to assess your car for the market price but this poses its own risks as you may not know whether the inspector is certified.
The same goes for buying a car. Traditionally, you must head to the dealership, carefully inspect the car you’re planning on buying to ensure its quality, and then study the deal so you can make the most out of it. If you’re not confident with your ability to judge the car or deal, then you would need to get the help of a family member or a friend who is more knowledgeable.
Then there’s the paperwork. If you’re buying, expect to prepare some documents for the bank and dealership. If you’re selling, there’s a ton of paperwork involved that needs to be done at various places such as preparing a copy of the grant, getting the name change form done at Jabatan Pengangkutan Jalan (JPJ), the vehicle inspection form done at PUSPAKOM, among other documentation. All this requires time and money.
Although dealerships will offer to ease this burden for you, it usually comes at a price, maybe two prices in fact – one for the documentation fees and another for the runner who will be running around doing all these things for you. Plus, these prices are usually not included in the display price.
4. Negotiating is Difficult
After finally finding the right used car to buy, or a place to sell your car, you’ll have to deal with the heaviest task of all – negotiating.
Even for someone with the know-how and experience in the field of buying or selling a car, negotiating is one of the hardest parts of striking and closing a deal.
Although you may have all the information you need, there are many factors that could affect your negotiation which can include your demeanor, as well as visible flaws or defects on the said car – these are things to think about during the purchasing process and you would need all the help you can get.
To make sure you can make a sound judgement on the deal and on the car itself, it is best to bring someone else to help you negotiate, especially a family member or friend who is trustworthy and more knowledgeable.
5. After-Sales Service
Today, every paying customer expects some sort of after-sales service from the business they’re dealing with, especially in the automotive business. With car dealerships, it might be a hit or miss when trying to look for an after-sales service that could satisfy all your needs.
Although there might be a multitude of after-sales service packages, you may not find one you like. It can be costly and some might involve dealing with only certain workshops.
Moreover, if something feels wrong with the used car you bought or if you change your mind about it, not many dealerships would be willing to provide you with a money-back guarantee. Hence, many turn to online platforms such as Carsome because of the Carsome Promise which includes a five-day money-back guarantee.
Now, after reading through all those reasons, you might find one or two that hit close to home in your effort of buying or selling your car the traditional way. It is undoubtedly a journey with multiple pain points.
Make It Carsome for Complete Peace of Mind
With that, Carsome has introduced a new way of selling and buying used cars in a bid to improve the overall journey, essentially making it much easier for you. Carsome offers a seamless service for both car selling and buying. Here’s how it works.
How to Sell Your Car with Carsome
Selling your used car through Carsome is extremely convenient. You just have to go through these easy steps and we will take care of the rest for you.:
- Appointment booking: To make sure you get a market value offer, you will need to book a free inspection online. Just schedule your appointment online at carsome.my/sell-car. A Carsome representative will call you to confirm your details and schedule your inspection at your nearest center.
- Professional inspection: Attend your scheduled inspection and our skilled inspectors will conduct a 175-point inspection on your car before offering you a price.
- Get an offer: After inspection, we will offer a price for your car on the spot, or you have the option to put your car up for live bidding where our dealers nationwide will bid for your car, and you may get up to 20 percent* more than market value.
- Hassle-free process: Once you accept a price, we will handle all the paperwork and legalities for you, and you can expect to be paid in one hour*.
How to Buy a Quality Used Car with Carsome
With Carsome, buying a used car is effortless. In just these few simple steps, you could be well on your way to owning a high-quality used car.
- Book your car: Browse through our used car listing at carsome.my/buy-car and choose the car you want. As we have mentioned, every listing comes with the inspection report – so make sure you check that out too.
- Test drive: You can book a test drive online. Just submit your details and a Carsome Consultant will contact you to arrange a test drive at your nearest Carsome Experience Center. You may also opt for a home-delivered test drive at no extra cost!
- Get your car delivered: Once you have decided on which car you would like to buy, you can choose to settle your purchase with our various payment methods. Other than that, we will handle all the paperwork for you and send your car straight to your home.
Check Out Carsome Certified Cars for Guaranteed Quality & Assurance
Our best sellers are our Carsome Certified cars. This is because all Carsome Certified cars come with our Carsome Promise that gives car owners peace of mind. Here is our Carsome Promise.
- 175-point inspection: You will get a high-quality ride that is free from damage caused by major accidents, including frame, fire, and flood damage, thanks to our thorough 175-point inspection.
- One-year warranty: We will provide you with a one-year warranty for coverage in your first year.
- Five-day money-back guarantee: If you change your mind about the car, you can return it to us within five days for a full refund.
- Fixed price: The price on our listings is the exact price you pay, with absolutely no hidden fees.
So, if you are ready to sell or buy a car with Carsome, we’re ready to help. You can also check our monthly promotions to grab more savings.
*Terms & Conditions Apply
A self-proclaimed foodie and gamer whose passion for food and games have recently extended to cars.