HomeSelling Your CarAre You Trying to Sell Your E-hailing Vehicle? Here’s What to Do...

Are You Trying to Sell Your E-hailing Vehicle? Here’s What to Do First

If you are a driver looking to sell your vehicle which you’ve been using for E-Hailing, here are some things that you will need to know before your sale.

The E-Hailing regulation from the Ministry of Transport requires E-Hailing drivers to have a public service vehicle (PSV) licence and an E-Hailing Vehicle Permit (EVP) from 12 October 2019 onwards. The licence and permit are part of being a certified driver to transport paying passengers. Because of this, applying for an E-Hailing Permit will also update your vehicle status from ‘Persendirian – Individu’ (Private – Individual) to a ‘Persendirian – E-Hailing’ (Private – E-Hailing).


As a result of the update, all owners of private E-Hailing vehicles must revert their vehicle status back to ‘Persendirian – Individu’ (Private – Individual) before selling it off.


Before you proceed to sell to Carsome, here are the steps to follow to change your vehicle status:

  1. You are required to cancel your E-Hailing Vehicle Permit (EVP) with your E-Hailing company.
  2. The procedure may differ with various E-Hailing companies, but as a driver, you should receive a copy of the cancellation letter from your E-Hailing company directed to the JPJ (Jabatan Pengangkutan Jalan) to inform them of the termination.
  3. You will also be required to complete a Puspakom Special Inspection/ Pemeriksaan Khas (B2) and get a report.
  4. At JPJ, you will need to submit a JPJK8 form, Puspakom B2 Special Inspection report, photocopy of your IC, vehicle grant/ VOC, and the termination letter from your E-Hailing company.
  5. With the documents submitted above, you will be able to change your vehicle’s status from ‘Persendirian – E-Hailing’ (Private – E-Hailing) to ‘Persendirian – Individu’ (Private – Individual).
  6. With the updated vehicle status to Private – Individual, you can now proceed with selling your car to Carsome!


Click here to download the JPJK8 (Pind. 1/2016) form


Read here for more stories!

If you are selling a private vehicle, you will need to get a Puspakom B5 report. Find out more here!

Are you a non-Malaysian selling your vehicle or an owner with a Police or Army ID? This is how you can sell your car to Carsome!

Selling your car doesn’t have to be difficult when you have the right documents at hand. Click here for the list of documents you need when you sell your car.


Still driving a sedan? Upgrade your ride to something better for the new year! Sell your car to Carsome!

- Advertisment -

Most Popular