HomeSelling Your CarWhat Documents Do You Need When Selling Your Car?

What Documents Do You Need When Selling Your Car?

We understand that selling your car can be troublesome. Especially if you work weekdays from nine to five and are looking to sell your car quick, listing your vehicle through classifieds wouldn’t yield many interested buyers (depends on what car you are selling of course).

There are many ways you could sell your car. While a direct buyer would be ideal, the traditional way will usually entail putting your car up on print and online classifieds or walking into a used car dealership to get a quote.

Or you could make your life easy by selling through CARSOME. Selling your car through us is fast and hassle free because we guide you through the selling process step by step. If you would handle the selling process yourself, it would take time and the need to visit JPJ (Road Transport Department) and Puspakom to get your documents and ownership transfer in order.

Old car grant (Registration Card) vs new Vehicle Ownership Certificate

Whether you are selling a 5-year-old Honda Civic or 20-year-old Proton Wira, selling your car doesn’t have to be a month-long process of finding the free time, negotiating with the buyer and getting to multiple places to process the transaction. What is a B5 Puspakom report? What’s the difference between the Geran and the VOC? To less informed individuals and the lack of knowledge on car-selling processes, these questions can be difficult.

But have no fear, we have detailed the documents you need when you sell your car through us at CARSOME. Below that we’ve also included the ones you need if you transact with a direct buyer.

Documents required from Private Seller to CARSOME

  • Owner’s IC
  • Original Registration Card
  • Approved Permit (AP) Forms (for reconditioned cars)
  • Purchase Invoice (for cars purchased by cash)
  • Outstanding hire purchase loan statement (if any)

Documents required from Private Sellers to Private Buyers

  • Both parties’ IC
  • Original Registration Card
  • B5 Inspection Report (Puspakom)
  • JPJ K3 Form

If you are a non-Malaysian and want to sell your car through CARSOME, we do that too! Click here for more information.

Have you tried selling your car through CARSOME? We assure you that selling has never been easier because there’s no fee, process is transparent and you’ll get a fair price!

- Advertisment -

Most Popular