When buying a used car, buyers will have to address various concerns regarding the car that make the process very tedious, time consuming, and cumbersome. This is where CARSOME Certified steps in to provide quality pre-owned cars.
CARSOME Certified is our promise to provide used car buyers with quality pre-owned cars that they can trust – that has passed our thorough 175-point inspection and refurbished professionally to deliver safety beyond standards, complete comfort, and refurbished aesthetics, a transparent car buying process with an all inclusive price as well as a complete inspection report, and a wide selection of quality pre-owned cars to suit any type of lifestyle.
However, CARSOME Certified is not just a seal of quality, it defines the new standard of purchasing quality pre-owned cars that eliminates buyer’s concerns with our end-to-end buying journey.
Here’s everything you need to know about the perks of choosing a CARSOME Certified car.
Quality Guaranteed with 175-Point Inspection
Every CARSOME Certified car is carefully curated and selected following our thorough 175-point inspection to ensure that every car is free from major accidents and flood damage, before it is sent for reconditioning at our CARSOME Certified Lab.
Our professional inspectors carefully inspect each car according to our stringent specifications in order to make sure they are roadworthy. Here’s what goes through during our 175-point inspection.
Our professional inspector will assess the car’s exterior structure to make sure that nothing has been tampered with and they adhere to our CARSOME Certified standards:
- Engine number
- Body panels and bumpers
- Doors, hood and boot
- Glass and outside mirrors
- Exterior lights
- Rims, tires and wheels
During this inspection our inspector will focus on the chassis or engine number to verify that it has not been tampered with, so we can ensure that it is not a cloned car and has not been declared a total loss.
Here, our inspector will also keep an eye out for signs of repair on the body panels, distinct welding joining marks on the joints, as well as rusts or mold that indicates water damage to make sure that the car is absolutely free of major accidents and flood damage.
After that, the inspection focuses on the car’s interior to ensure everything works properly. Our professional inspector will conduct a comprehensive inspection to ensure the following components meet our CARSOME Certified standards:
- Interior amenities (Meter and gauges, indicator lights, warning lights, and etc.)
- Safety belt
- Audio and alarm systems
- Air conditioning systems
- Carpet, trim and mats
- Windows and door locks
- Luggage compartment
- Sunroof and convertible top
The instrument panel is examined for any flashing or illuminated warning signs, while all the knobs and buttons are checked to make sure everything is functioning well.
Also, the air conditioning system is inspected to verify that it is fully operational and is able to circulate cold air throughout the car’s cabin. If there are issues with the air conditioning system, it will be noted by our inspector to be fixed when the car goes through our CARSOME Certified Refurbishment Process.
Read More: A Guide to Car Warning Lights and Indicators
Up next, our inspector will inspect the undercarriage of the car. This inspection involves looking out for any signs of fluid leaks and damages on the exhaust system, brakes, tires, transmission and suspension.
Our inspector will evaluate each component during this inspection to ensure that it adheres to our CARSOME Certified standards. Most of the parts in the undercarriage are subjected to constant wear and heavy stress, so this inspection aims to establish that all the parts are in good working condition.
Short Road Test
The last part of the inspection involves a short road test with our inspector. This is an important part of the inspection to find out if the car’s engine, transmission system, and brakes are working properly.
Our inspectors will be on the lookout for any warning signs such as excessive vibrations or noises and unusual smells coming from the car when it is being driven. The car’s steering system must be able to turn to full lock in both directions and the brakes must function properly without any noises.
Peace of Mind with One Year Warranty
CARSOME Certified cars are refurbished to the highest standards and protected from day one. Every car comes with a one-year CARSOME Extended Warranty Program (EWP) that is provided at no extra cost.
We’ve partnered up with Allianz to provide CARSOME Certified cars with an extensive warranty for your peace of mind. The warranty program is composed of two plans that are valid for 12 months – the Gold plan which is automatically applied to all our cars and the Platinum plan which is an optional upgrade that can be included in your purchase.
CARSOME Gold EWP
The Gold EWP comes standard with all CARSOME Certified cars and entitles you to the following coverage that includes:
- Cylinder Block
- Cylinder head
- Cylinder head gasket etc.
2) Manual and automatic transmission
- Gearbox casing and all inner parts
- Torque converter
- Transmission control unit
- Electro Hydraulic switch gear unit
3) Air conditioning system
- Radiator fan
CARSOME Platinum EWP
The Platinum EWP is an optional upgrade that you can include in your purchase for an extended coverage. It will cost you somewhere between RM600 to RM1,500, depending on the engine capacity and the age of the car. Here are the coverages that is included in this plan:
1) Everything covered by the Gold Plan
2) Fuel System
- Fuel pump
- Injection pump
- Injection nozzles, etc.
- Mechanical or hydraulic steering gear with all inner parts
- Electrical power steering system
- Hydraulic pump with all inner parts and electronics steering components
4) Cooling system
- Water pump
- Water cooler
- Heat exchanger
- Fan (electric and mechanic, including viscous clutch, without fan wheel)
5) Roadside assistance
- 24/7 call center (1800-22-5542)
- 100km one-way per tow, unlimited claims
- Breakdown and accident towing, including night towing
- On-the-spot roadside assistance
- Assistance nationwide, including Sabah and Sarawak
Claim Your CARSOME Warranty Easily
Encountered an issue with your CARSOME Certified car during the warranty period? No problem! You can rest assured that our partner, Allianz, will provide you with professional, round-the-clock support when claiming your warranty.
Here are two convenient ways you can claim your CARSOME warranty:
- Contact Allianz Roadside Assistance (RSA) – You can call the Allianz Road Rangers on their toll-free hotline number at 1800-22-5542.
- Bring Your Car to a Panel Workshop – At the Allianz panel workshop, mention to the consultant that you’re doing a “CARSOME Warranty” claim and they will guide you through what’s involved in your car’s repair process.
Fixed Price, No Hidden Fees & No Unwanted Surprises
At CARSOME, the price you see is the exact price you will pay for the car of your choice. The all-inclusive price includes road tax, Puspakom fees, loan processing fees, and ownership transfer fees.
You also don’t have to worry about going through mountains of paperwork during the car buying process as we take away the hassle of dealing with different entities and traveling to multiple locations for your convenience.
Here’s how we will handle the paperwork for you during your car buying journey with us:
- Pre-purchase: We will arrange to collect the following documents from you to prepare for the car buying process as well as for the loan application process:
- Identity Card (for Malaysians) or Passport (for non-Malaysians)
- Valid Driving License
- Payslip for the recent three months
- Bank statement for the recent three months
- EPF statement
- Any other income supporting documents
- Loan Approval: After your loan application is approved, we will collect the Letter of Undertaking (LOU) on your behalf.
- After Purchase: Once the car purchase process is completed, our CARSOME Consultant will help arrange and collect the following documents for you:
- Transfer of car ownership
- Road tax
- Vehicle Ownership Certificate (VOC)
CARSOME does not compromise when it comes to transparency. A full 175-point car inspection report is made available on our website for every CARSOME Certified car. Selected CARSOME Certified cars also come with an unedited 360 degree view that allows you to view the car inside and out from anywhere you want before booking a test drive.
Five-Day Money-Back Guarantee if You Change Your Mind
Every CARSOME Certified car is eligible for the five-day money-back guarantee, which means if you change your mind about your car purchase, you can return the car to us for a refund, with no questions asked!
Our five-day money-back guarantee only applies if the car:
- Has not been modified or altered: There should be no modifications made to the car’s interior and exterior, everything should be in the same condition as when you received it. All the relevant original documents should be returned as well.
- Has traveled no more than 300km: The travel distance of the car must be less than 300km.
- Is free from fines and summons: Any parking fees, traffic fines, or summonses that have been imposed to the customer within their five days of ownership must be paid by the customer before the car is returned.
- Has not been resold or transferred to someone else: The owner of the car must be the same person who bought the car from CARSOME.
- Is returned within five days from the delivery date: If you change your mind about your purchase, you have five days to return the car in order to get a refund.
Getting Your Refund
Here’s how you can get your refund if you change your mind about your car purchase:
- Step 1: Visit the nearest CARSOME Experience Center and fill in the vehicle return form.
- Step 2: Return the vehicle to our Experience Center.
- Step 3: You will receive your refund in 14 working days*.
On another note, if the customer previously traded in a vehicle during the vehicle purchase process, the vehicle would not be returned to them. Instead, the applied trade-in value will be refunded to the customer.
Choose CARSOME Certified for Your Peace of Mind
Our wide selection of CARSOME Certified cars consists of up to 30 car brands – enough to satisfy your every need. As the new standard for buying pre-owned cars, CARSOME Certified promises you will get only quality pre-owned cars that have passed a stringent 175-point inspection, that come with an all-inclusive price, as well as a five-day money-back guarantee and a one-year warranty.
All CARSOME Certified cars are also refurbished beyond global standards with our CARSOME Certified Refurbishment Process to ensure safety, complete comfort, and a refurbished aesthetic.
If you’re ready to experience CARSOME Certified cars, we are always ready to assist you. Book your dream car at carsome.my or download our mobile app from the App Store or Play Store today.
A self-proclaimed foodie and gamer whose passion for food and games have recently extended to cars.