Most buyers wouldn’t expect a used car to have warranty coverage, especially if it’s over five years old, and for some, that is why they steer away from used cars. That is why CARSOME provides a one-year extended warranty on all our cars. So when you buy a CARSOME Certified car, you don’t have to worry if it still has its principal warranty or not.
Furthermore, the extended warranty comes at no extra cost as its price is already included in the price of all our cars. Let’s take a look at what you get with a CARSOME extended warranty and how to claim it.
What Is Included in the CARSOME Extended Warranty Program?
Unlike other extended car warranties in Malaysia, the CARSOME Extended Warranty Program (EWP) comes at no extra cost and is available on all CARSOME Certified cars. The warranty program is provided by Allianz and comprises two plans – the Gold plan which is automatically applied to all our cars and the Platinum plan which can be purchased as an optional upgrade.
These warranty plans have varying coverages but both will cover your car for one year or 20,000 kilometers (whichever comes first). Both of these plans have a RM50,000 maximum coverage per policy and a RM10,000 maximum limit per claim.
The Gold plan EWP comes standard with all CARSOME Certified cars and entitles you to the following coverage in the event of a mechanical or electrical failure:
- Cylinder block
- Cylinder head
- Cylinder head gasket, etc.
2. Manual and automatic transmission
- Gearbox casing and all inner parts
- Torque converter
- Transmission control unit
- Electro hydraulic switch gear unit
3. Air conditioning system
- Radiator fan
The Platinum plan EWP comes as an optional upgrade that you can purchase. Depending on the engine capacity and age of the car, this plan costs between RM600 to RM1500. Below are the coverages included in the Platinum plan.
1. Everything covered by the Gold plan.
2. Fuel system
- Fuel pump
- Injection pump
- Injection nozzles, etc.
- Mechanical or hydraulic steering gear with all inner parts
- Electrical power steering system
- Hydraulic pump with all inner parts and electronic steering components
4. Cooling system
- Water pump
- Water cooler
- Heat exchanger
- Fan (electric and mechanical, including viscous clutch, without fan wheel)
5. Roadside assistance
- 24/7 call center (1800-22-5542)
- 100km one-way per tow, unlimited claims
- Breakdown and accident towing, including night towing
- On-the-spot roadside assistance
- Ambulance service and emergency message transmission
- Assistance nationwide, including Sabah & Sarawak
Read More: How to Report Potholes on Malaysia Roads
Claiming Your CARSOME Warranty
By partnering with Allianz, we’re able to provide you with comprehensive used car warranty coverage and professional, round-the-clock support. Here’s how to claim your CARSOME warranty.
1. Contact Allianz Roadside Assistance (RSA)
Whether your car breaks down on the road or decides to not start at home, you can call the Allianz RSA by dialing 03-2161-0795 or 1800-22-5542. Allianz support will then take your details and help you locate the nearest Allianz panel workshop. If you have the Platinum plan and are unable to start your car, simply request for a tow truck and it’ll be sent to tow your car to the workshop.
2. Take Your Car to a Panel Workshop
At the Allianz panel workshop, mention to the consultant that you’re doing a “CARSOME Warranty” claim and they will guide you through what’s involved in your car’s repair process. Depending on the type of claim and whether or not your car has been in an accident, you may need to provide the following documents. Do note that the processing of your claim may take up to a few days.
- A copy of the police report
- Your vehicle grant or vehicle ownership certificate (VOC)
- Your insurance policy or cover note
- A copy of the vehicle owner’s MyKad and driving license
- A copy of the MyKad and driving license of the driver involved in the accident
3. Relax and Wait for Your Car to Be Fixed
The workshop will inspect your vehicle, provide an estimate of the repairs, and fix the issues. Do note that this could take anywhere from one to several weeks, depending on the damages to your car. All costs including inspection and repairs will be covered by Allianz so you won’t need to worry about them. Once your car is fixed, the workshop will contact you to arrange for a pick-up.
Choose CARSOME Certified for Peace of Mind
As you can see, claiming your CARSOME extended warranty is a simple and straightforward process, and that’s just one of the perks of buying a CARSOME Certified car. When you choose CARSOME, you’re getting a quality car that’s gone through a strict 175-point inspection and professional refurbishment process to ensure that it has safety beyond standards, complete comfort, and a refurbished aesthetic.
Besides an extended used car warranty coverage, all CARSOME Certified cars come with the following promises.
- Fixed price: The listing price you see on CARSOME is the actual full price of the car with no hidden fees, so you know exactly how much you’re paying.
- Five-day money-back guarantee: If you buy a car from CARSOME and are unhappy with it, You can return it within five days and get a full refund. No questions asked!
- One-year warranty: All CARSOME Certified cars have a one-year extended warranty with comprehensive coverage, professional support, and a simple claims process.
Check out CARSOME to find your dream car today!
Devan is a long-time writer who has dabbled in different fields from media to marketing. He enjoys some virtual driving on Forza Horizon and likes reading about various topics including cars.