Guess who’s back? Back again? CMCO’s back, yet again! The number of cases has skyrocketed and there are more now than it was before when MCO started. Due to the ever increasing number of cases especially in Sabah, Kedah, Selangor and Kuala Lumpur, the Defense Minister, Ismail Sabri Yakoob announced that Kuala Lumpur, Selangor and Putrajaya will be put under Conditional Movement Control Order CMCO.
All of us were extremely happy to see the number of cases going down to a single digit but now that things are back to square one, here are some of the important SOPs that we would have to adhere to from 14th October until 27th October 2020.
- Inter-district travel is banned unless you have a permission letter from your employer stating that you are working in that particular district, and for emergency purposes.
- Only two people from each household are allowed to leave the house to buy essential items such as food and groceries.
- All schools, universities, skill training centres, kindergartens, public parks, and recreational centres will be closed.
- Mosques and non-Islamic houses of worship will be closed.
- Entertainment centres and night clubs will also be closed
- All sports, recreational and cultural activities including weddings, engagement ceremonies and such will not be allowed
- In regards to economic activities, all sectors are allowed to operate as per usual. For example, restaurants, stalls, food trucks, and hawkers by the roadside are allowed to carry out business.
A further and more detailed list of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) announced by the National Security Council (MKN) can be found here.
Carsome’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
In line with the recent CMCO announcement, Carsome Malaysia would like to outline our own SOPs and guidelines that employees and customers would have to follow when it comes to our Business to Consumer (B2C) segments to ensure smooth sailing operations.
- Temperature Checks
Carsome employees, including inspectors at our service and trading centers will be subject to temperature checks periodically throughout the day. Similarly, visiting customers will also be screened before being allowed into the premises.
- Hand Sanitizers
Hand Sanitizers are available at the entrance and different parts of the office space to be used by employees and customers. Carsome encourages everyone to maintain good personal hygiene practice anywhere and everywhere.
- Usage of Face Masks and Gloves
Our on-ground inspectors at all Carsome inspection and trading centers will be required to wear and swap out new masks every 4 hours. This will be paired with the use of disposable gloves that will be changed if they have been contaminated or torn at any time during the day. Customers will have to wear a masks at all times while at the premises.
- Maintaining Social Distancing
Dedicated customer and staff areas are labelled accordingly as well as one-meter distance stickers are also marked on the floor of all inspection and trading centers.
- Contactless Business and Payment
All transactions, inspection processes, car ownership transfers and other transactions are conducted online without the involvement of any physical contact. Such transactions are safer and at the same time reduce face-to-face meetings.
- Home Delivery
In addition, Carsome also provides home delivery services for cars that are purchased from us. All customer vehicles scheduled for delivery will also be cleaned and sanitized in advance. Parts of the car that are frequently touched like the steering wheel, door handles, gear knobs, etc. will also be sanitized to reduce the risk of infection.
Customer’s Standard Operating Procedure
For our customers who would be visiting the Carsome centers, we would encourage you to adhere to these following guidelines:
- We recommend our customers to use the MySejahtera app to record your attendance at our locations. It also allows MOH to do contact tracking or contact tracing if something undesirable happens.
- We encourage you to limit the number of people who will accompany you at our centers. A minimum number of customers can help us adhere to proper social distancing.
- Practice good hygiene practices such as washing your hands with soap or hand sanitizers before entering the premises and after leaving the premises. We also encourage you to always maintain a safe distance of one meter as recommended by the Ministry of Health.
- If you are not feeling well, contact us to reschedule your appointment to another suitable date.
- Practice wearing face masks while in the premises. Avoid touching your face, nose and mouth to reduce any risk of infection.
For those who are not affected by the CMCO, it would be great if you could also adhere to these guidelines to help in flattening the curve. Do remember to always avoid crowded areas, practice social distancing, wash your hands often with soap as well as use the face mask when you are outside. Stay safe, and if there is no need to be outside, stay home! Also, if you are planning to sell your car or buy a used car, you can visit the Carsome website to know more.