The impact of the Covid-19 pandemic has brought major uncertainties for the economy with many businesses including Carsome swiftly implementing various measures in a bid to keep our customers safe.
However, since the recent announcement on resuming economic sectors, we are pleased to announce that Carsome’s Experience Centers have reopened to those who are fully vaccinated.
Nevertheless, our #CarsomeCares initiatives are still in place as your safety remains our priority. So, let’s take a look at what’s new with our #CarsomeCares initiative.
Carsome Experience Centers Reopen for Fully Vaccinated Customers
From 16 August 2021, fully vaccinated customers can now visit our Carsome Experience Centers. However, as we know, the virus is still rampant and we have implemented precautions for our centers to avoid risks of exposure.
This is why we have opened our doors to fully vaccinated customers only – this refers to those who have received their full vaccine doses and have passed the full immunization period, according to the respective vaccination brands as follows:
- Pfizer, AstraZeneca and Sinovac: 14 days from the date of the second dosage.
- Johnson & Johnson and Cansino: 28 days from the date of the second dosage.
All customers must show their vaccination certificates on MySejahtera as confirmation that they are fully vaccinated and immunized. We will also be implementing a time limit of one hour per customer to allow opportunities for everyone to visit our center and ensure spaces remain uncrowded.
- All Carsome employees at the center are vaccinated and equipped with protective gear including acrylic face shields, fabric masks and disposable latex gloves.
- For a test drive, a maximum of two people are allowed in the vehicle to minimize close contact.
- Each center is equipped with a spray gun to disinfect the cars on a daily basis.
- The number of customers within the center itself will be monitored and limited.
- We will close our Experience Centers for sanitization and testing in the event of a positive COVID-19 case, while customers will be redirected to another center for further assistance.
What is a Carsome Experience Center?
Our Carsome Experience centers are established to provide our customers with end-to-end experience. Here is what you can do at our Experience Centers:
- Browse, book and buy a car: The center features devices where you can browse our wide inventory of quality used cars and make a booking with our consultant on-the-spot for a test drive, or to reserve the car.
- Book or take a test drive: If you stumble upon a car you like, you can schedule a test drive with our consultants at the center. Alternatively, you can make a test drive booking online and choose to conduct the test drive at our Experience Center.
- Talk to our Carsome consultants: You can speak to our consultants directly to address any questions you may have about our services, offerings, as well as any concerns about the car you want.
- Collect your new ride: If you bought a car with us – congratulations! Our Experience Centers also serve as a spot for car collection.
To top it off, appointments and walk-ins are both welcomed. Please note that the reopening does not include Experience Centers located in Johor.
Video Car Tour, Virtual Consultation & Test Own
Meanwhile, virtual consultations and video car tours are still available. In the event that you are unable to visit our centers, you can browse for a Carsome Certified car on our website and schedule a virtual consultation with our Carsome consultant all from the comfort of your home. You can also request a car video tour where our Carsome consultants will pre-record a video of the selected car for your viewing.
We are here to ensure you have transparency and peace of mind every step of the way in your car buying or car selling journey with Carsome. This is why Carsome Certified cars come with the Carsome Promise of a five-day money-back guarantee, one-year warranty, fixed price and of course, a car that has passed the 175-point inspection – be assured that you are getting a quality used car!
The best part is that you can return the car within five days after it is delivered to your home for a full refund if you don’t like it – an experience we know as the Test Own journey.
Here are #CarsomeCares Initiatives We Have In Place
We understand that Malaysians are still looking to sell and buy cars, which is why we have placed these measures in our centers (once we are open) and for our on-ground operations for you to continue with your transaction safely.
- Temperature checks: Carsome employees, including our inspectors as well as consultants at our service and experience centers, will be subject to temperature checks periodically throughout the day. Similarly, inspectors and consultants will also conduct these checks on customers at Carsome inspection and experience centers. Every customer will be given a marker each to indicate approved checks.
- Regularly wash and dry or sanitize hands: All centers and centers and offices will have a dedicated washing area. The washing area will include a supply of liquid soap and tissues for customers and Carsome employees to wash their hands. Similarly, hand sanitizers will be made readily available at all public areas for customers.
- Face masks and gloves: On-ground inspectors at all Carsome inspection centers will be required to wear and swap out new masks every four hours. This will be paired with the use of disposable gloves that will be changed if they have been contaminated or torn at any time during the day.
- Social distancing: Dedicated customer and staff areas will be labelled accordingly with social distancing rules of at least one meter.
- Contactless transactions: There will be a strict adherence to contactless transactions throughout the inspection and ownership transfer process. Areas will be marked for social distancing, and touch points will be disinfected frequently.
- Trash bins: Foot operated bins will be made available for customers and will be cleaned and disposed of throughout the day.
With that, we do hope you enjoy your Carsome journey!
This article was last updated on 22/09/2021.