It’s finally here, the Volvo XC40 Recharge T5! Volvo Malaysia officially launched this new model on their official Facebook page at 11am today. The XC40 is a plug-in hybrid of the brand’s compact SUV that is exclusively designed for the city and for the rest of the world.
This beautiful Scandinavian car was first introduced back in 2018 and is not to be confused with the fully-electric XC40 which is also called the “XC40 Recharge”. Volvo decided to include the word “Recharge” in all models that feature any sort of electrification. In the XC40 Recharge T5 configuration, it features an electric motor and a petrol engine that works harmoniously together to provide you the perfect balance between on-demand power for performance with low fuel consumption while cutting CO2 emissions.
The Volvo XC40 Recharge Engine
The Volvo XC40 Recharge T5 is powered by a 1.5 litre turbocharged 3-cylinder petrol engine with a maximum speed of 180 km/h (178hp) at 5,800 rpm and 265 Nm of torque from 1,500 to 3,000 rpm and can go from 0-100 km in just 7.3 seconds! It is also mated to a 7-speed wet Dual Clutch transmission and an electric motor.
The 10.7-kwh lithium-ion battery, placed between the engine and the 7DCT allows an electric driving range up to 44km when the battery is fully charged. This can be achieved by using the 3.7-kW onboard AC charger and a Type 2 connector cable. With a regular three-pin, 2.3-kW socket, it takes five hours to reach a full charge, while by using a more powerful 3.7-, seven-, or 22-kW charging station, that time is reduced to three hours. From the launch, we found out that, for every purchase of the XC40 Recharge T5 model, a XXX wallbox will be included in the purchase.
Design wise, this car includes the charging port on the left fender, while the Recharge script on the C-pillars is located at the rear. In Malaysia, we get the R-Design Package, that includes a gloss bloack grille with pin-like inserts, along with window and bumper trims finishing in black, creating a truly distinctive look. Other standard features include a sport chassis, full-LED headlamps with Active High Beam and Active Bending Lights; LED fog lamps and taillights; along with a set 19-inch five-double-spoke matte black diamond cut alloy wheels (235/50 profile tyres).
Stay Connected with Volvo’s latest Plug-in Hybrid
On the inside, here are some of the unique features of this car –
- Sensus Connect with 9” Portrait Integrated Colour Touchscreen
- High Performance Audio System 8 Speakers (250W Output)
- Bluetooth® Hands-free System with Audio Streaming
- 2 USB Port S S USB Type-C Port in Rear End Tunnel Console
- Apple Carplay & Android Auto
- R-Design Seats in Leather / Nubuck Textile
- R-Design Cutting Edge Decor Inlay
- High-Level Interior Illumination Package
- Recharge Front Tread Plates
- Memory for Driver Seat including Exterior Mirrors
- Keyless Entry & Drive
From a brand known for prioritising safety, on the Volvo XC40 Recharge T5, you can expect to find:
- City Safety suite (collision avoidance & mitigation with intersection support; pedestrian, cyclist and large animal detection)
- Front and rear collision warning and mitigation support
- Driver Alert Control
- Lane Keeping Aid
- Run-Off Road Mitigation with Road Edge Detection
- Oncoming Lane Mitigation
- Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) with Steer Assist
- Cross Traffic Alert (CTA) with Autobrake
- 7 Airbags
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Pilot Assist
- Park Assist Front & Rear
This car is available in 5 colours – Crystal White Pearl, Bursting Blue Metallic, Black Stone, Coral Red Metallic and Glacier Silver Metallic. Prices start at RM 241,997 and you can expect on-the-road with insurance with a factory warranty that covers 5 years/unlimited mileage and 8 years/160,000km for the plug-in battery.
Looking to get the Volvo XC40? Sell your car for the best price, fast payment and no paperwork only at Carsome.