Content Uploaded : 17 December 2020 | Last Update : 14th April 2021, 5.30pm
Car Plate Number Bidding System
When someone buys a car, they wish they can pick their own vehicle registration numbers also known as the car plate number. These set of numbers/alphabets might just be something that identifies your car but for some, their number plate brings real significance. Whatever it means to you, every car in Malaysia must have one.
While the main reason for car plate numbers is to identify cars, car plate numbers are seen as a sign of status and symbol for those who would go to great lengths just to get the plate that they want. . Previously, people would have to depend on salesmen and runners to get their special vehicle registration numbers but now, to make things so much easier, you can simply buy these vehicle registration numbers manually at any JPJs or get it through their digital platform, MYSIKAP.
Fun Fact: The highest bidding recorded in Malaysia for one number is for the car plate number “Malaysia 1” which went up to RM 1, 111, 111. It even broke the previous record that was held by the number plate “V1” that was bid for RM 989,000.
Here are three different ways you can get your preferred vehicle registration numbers.
- Manually at JPJ – All you need to do is head on down to one of their many branches where you will be presented with a list of numbers that are currently on sale. Unique numbers still need to go through a rendering process but for normal numbers, you can get it as easily on the spot.
- MYSIKAP Online Platform – The process is quite similar to number 1, but this process is all done online. All you need to do is identify the number that you like, then proceed to the payment page to process your purchase. MYSIKAP only sells ordinary running numbers, and none of the rare, unique ones.
- JPJeBID Online Platform – For unique and special numbers that mean the world to you, you can bid them on this portal. The bidding amount starts from as low as RM 300 and can go up all the way to RM 1,111,111. You would still need an account on MYSIKAP to get on JPJeBid.
So for those who are interested in getting a unique and special number for your car, Carsome made a ‘need to know list’ on everything JPJeBid.
What is JPJeBid?
JPJeBid is the Online Vehicle Registration Number Bidding System initiative by the Road Transport Department (JPJ). It was mainly created for transparency, from registration to payment, so you know what you are doing and how much you are bidding. This implementation not only simplifies the bidding process, but it also improves and streamline the online trading system.
1.JPJeBid Registration Process
image source ; Twitter
This system is open to individuals or companies who want to get a specific vehicle registration number. However, the registration process for this system requires you to register with MySIKAP first. MySIKAP registration can be done at any JPJ branch. You can refer to the infographic below to find out how to register a MySIKAP public portal ID.
When it comes to bidding, there is no limit on how many vehicle registrations numbers you pick. However, total number won is limited to three registration numbers only for each individual and five numbers for each company. Each number that is bid will be charged a service charge of RM 10.
2. Vehicle Number Registration Category
The car plate number or the vehicle registration numbers that are offered for bidding is classified to three different categories.
- Popular Numbers – popular digits like 121, 242, 575, 898,909 and others.
- Attractive Numbers – attractive numbers like 11, 44,88,777,9999 and others.
- Golden Numbers – numbers like 1,2,3,4,5 and others.
3. Latest Vehicle Registration Numbers Review
|State/District||Latest Car Plate Number|
The information above is based on the data from JPJ’s website that is updated every Tuesday. If you would like to know more or get other information about the bidding services, you can get it straight from JPJ’s official website here.
4. Payment Methods
The payment for the bidding system can be paid via credit or debit card only. You can use more than one credit/debit card to make extra bidding.
5. Vehicle Registration Number Booking Price
For every plate number that is booked, a minimum booking fee is charged according to the vehicle registration number category below:
The first bid amount must be the same or exceed the minimum price set by the category. The increase in the minimum bid is 5% of the minimum price amount and there is no limit to the maximum increase.
5% x Price of Minimum Bid = Minimum Price Increase
Price of Minimum Bid + Minimum Price Increase = Number of Bids
Minimum Bid Increase
Minimum Bid Increase
Number of Bids (Increase)
*The minimum amount increase will be displayed on the bid page as reference. **All transactions during the bid are using a pre-authorization method.
Vehicle Registration Number Booking System FAQs
- Are there any fees and extra charges charged for bidding?
A non-refundable fee of RM 10 is charged as a service charge for every vehicle registration number.
- Is a deposit required before bidding?
No deposit is required but the bidder must pay the minimum amount according to the vehicle number category.
- Can bidders withdraw bids?
No, bidders are not allowed to withdraw bids during the bidding period.
- How can I find out the recent vehicle registration number tenders that are opened?
You can check it out on the official JPJ website or follow their social media sites, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for more updates.
- How long is the bid process of a series of car plate numbers?
The process lasts for 5 days and ends at 11.59pm on the 5th day.
- What happens to the bid payment if the bidder’s bid is successful?
If the bid is successful, the bid amount will be deducted from the bidder’s credit /debit card immediately.
- What happens to the bid payment if the bidder’s bid is unsuccessful?
Cancellation of the transaction by the bank will be done by the bank and the amount will be credited back into the card used by the bidder.
- How long will it take for the payment to be settled if the bid is unsuccessful?
The payment will be credited into the borrower’s credit card within seven working days /debit card within 14 working days.
If you have any other questions on the bidding process, do not hesitate to visit JPJ’s official website to get your answers. For other used cars related enquiries, you can always check out Carsome’s website to know more. Carsome is a used car trading platform with attractive and affordable prices.