Thinking of buying a used car? Great! However, there are a lot of preconceived notions about purchasing used cars, specifically when it comes to the question of their roadworthiness.
But used cars are reliable if you purchase them from a trusted platform such as Carsome. This is because each car in Carsome’s inventory undergoes stringent checks before it qualifies to be sold on the website.
Of course, there are various factors you should take into account before you make your final decision – this includes the after-sales service.
What is After-Sales Service?
After-sales service is just like its name – it is the service you receive after you make a purchase. This service is important with every product or service you buy into as you may need some maintenance after your purchase and also, it gives you a peace-of-mind.
Nevertheless, there are many types of after-sales service if you look at a general perspective. But after-sales service for used cars can be quite specific as it includes maintenance or repairs.
After-sales services for second-hand cars generally come in packages that are promoted as cheaper alternatives than, say, if you were to take your car to a mechanic.
What is a Good After-Sales Service Package?
A good after-sales service package would include these key items.
- Warranty: This is a documented ‘promise’ made to a customer where the company will repair or replace any damages, as well as issues encountered within the specified warranty period.
- Repairs: This may come with the warranty, where if a specific part of the car stumbles upon a technical issue or requires repair during the warranty period, the company will cover the costs with a fix or a replacement.
- Maintenance: The upkeep of a used car is equally important to repairs – think of it as damage prevention. The secret to making sure your car is continuously roadworthy is making sure you send it for regular servicing or checks. This can include work such as cleaning your air filters or checking your car’s condition.
What Type of After-Sales Service Does Carsome Offer?
Carsome thrives on providing solutions for people looking for a good quality used car. We know that buying a used car comes with risk which is why our fleet of second-hand vehicles have passed a 175-point inspection to ensure it is free of fire, flood, frame, or major damage.
But to give more assurance to our customers, our Carsome Promise cars come with a one-year warranty, and a five-day money-back guarantee. The one-year warranty covers any issues with a 24-hour claim and customer support. Meanwhile, the money-back guarantee allows a full refund for customers that want to return their car – this is provided that it is returned within five days after purchase.
Should You Take an After-Sales Service Package?
In short, yes. Although Carsome provides a five-day money-back guarantee and a one-year warranty, purchasing an after-sales service package gives you a cheaper alternative when making sure your car is kept in a roadworthy condition.
Typically, checks on cars by mechanics are much more costly and they charge per specific service.
Although warranties are included, this is only used when something in the car goes wrong. However, these issues are avoidable with proper maintenance, which is provided by the affordable after-sales service packages.
Grab Carsome’s Special After-Sales Package
If you are looking to maintain your existing car or purchase a new ride, Carsome is offering an after-sales service package in collaboration with Lim Tayar.
The after-sales voucher, which retails for RM189.20, will be even more affordable for the first 100 customers with an early bird price of only RM160! You can purchase our after-sales vouchers at Carsome centers or buy it from Shopee.
The Carsome after-sales package is available exclusively at Carsome’s Experience Centers, which we have listed down below.
- Carsome Kelana Jaya Experience Center: D-G-1, Block D, Pusat Komersial Parklane, Jalan SS7/26, Kelana Jaya, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
- Carsome Petaling Jaya Experience Center: No 2, Lorong 51a/227c, Seksyen 51a, 46100 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
- Carsome Kepong Experience Center: Lot G20 AEON Metro Prima Shopping Centre, 1, Jalan Metro Prima, Taman Kepong, 52100 Kepong, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
- Carsome Setiawangsa Experience Center: Lot G53, Jalan Taman Setiawangsa (Jalan 37/56), AU2, Taman Keramat, 54200 Kuala Lumpur
- Carsome Cheras Experience Center: Lot G46 & G47, BMC Mall, Jalan Temenggung 21/9, Persiaran Mahkota Cheras 1, Bandar Mahkota Cheras, 43200 Cheras, Selangor.
The Carsome Basic After-Sales Package includes:
- Oil change Autobac 10W/40 (Semi Synthetic)
- GEP Oil filter maintenance
- Air filter cleaning
- Spark plug check and a 15-point check on the car’s condition
Labour charge is also included in the Carsome Basic After-Sales Package. However, an additional charge varying between RM10 and RM30 is available for top up at redemption centers for Japanese-made cars.
If you are looking to buy the voucher on Shopee, here is how you can do that.
- Step one: Head to the CARSOME Official Store page.
- Step two: Look for the after-sales voucher, add to cart and make your purchase.
- Step three: You will need to provide your full name and your car’s plate number via the Shopee chat.
- Step four: Wait for your voucher to arrive! Carsome will mail your voucher to you with City-link Express.
- Step five: Once you receive your voucher, you can now redeem your after-sales package at any Lim Tayar outlets nationwide.
Do take note that the voucher is valid six months from the date of purchase at Lim Tayar outlets nationwide. To top it off, this voucher is not exclusive to Carsome customers, which means you can purchase our after-sales package for all your existing cars, or for your new car purchase!
Ready for Your New Ride?
Buying a new car is not something you make on a whim, so it is advisable to make sure you fully understand your purchase – this is why Carsome values being transparent with our customers.
In fact, every car listing on our website has gone through the full 175-point inspection, and any imperfections will be stated with a 360-degree view and close-up shots of specific parts. You can browse our inventory of cars from the comfort of your home on our website.
Additionally, our entire inventory is up for browsing at all our experience centers and you can liaise with our trusted consultants on-the-spot for any inquiries.
Remember, if you buy a car from Carsome, we can give you a quality ride with a hassle-free journey. Plus, you are entitled to our special after-sales package too.
So, get ready for the road and browse our website here to view our large inventory of cars today!
This content was originally published on 23/04/2021. It has been updated on 30/04/2021 for accuracy and comprehensiveness.