System Engineer will be responsible for developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas of Enterprise System Infrastructure, including but not limited to physical and cloud servers, instances, services, applications, IT service management system & tools and end-user computing centralized management systems.
- Design, manage and maintain a high quality, high availability enterprise system infrastructure to support the company's business needs, including the server & application backup, restore, and disaster recovery plan & readiness.
- Manages and monitors all installed systems and infrastructure for the organization to be in line with company policies and procedures
- Install, configure, test, and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test infrastructure performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Identifying, analyzing, and resolving infrastructure vulnerabilities and application deployment issues.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Collaborate with Cybersecurity and ensure effective implementation of high-level security solutions, in compliance with Company Security Policy
- Deliver improvements to the IT infrastructure, using the ITIL, AGILE methodology, where fits
- Manage and maintain the IT service management & end-user computing centralized management systems and tools.
- Manage all communications around upgrades, new technologies and new processes that impact the customer or team member experience
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills with the ability to effectively communicate with various business functions
- Manage and execute a maintenance schedule for software packages, upgrading software, applying fix packs and patches
- A positive work attitude and a drive to succeed.
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
- Be scheduled for on-call standby duties for problem resolution/escalation after working hours and weekend
- Relevant Experience Minimum Five (5) years relevant working experiences in System Engineering management
- Certification/ Licenses Microsoft Azure / 365 related certification are considered as an added advantage
- ITIL Foundation v3 Certification or higher are considered as an added advantage
- Excellent management knowledge of Azure AD, Intune, DNS, DHCP, AWS, Google Workspace, ManageEngine, Cloud Backup, Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery.
- Experienced in managing Patch Management for Windows and Mac devices including Servers and End User Computing.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and customer oriented personal traits
- Dynamic, highly motivated and result-oriented team player with good interpersonal skills