This position will report to the Head of Logistics, working closely with departments across the organization, such as supply chain and commercial. As the Manager, Logistics Route, you are responsible for overseeing and optimizing the company's logistics operations by managing a team of logistics professionals, designing and implementing logistics routes and monitoring shipment movements. You will work closely with logistics, inventory, sourcing, business development teams, and other stakeholders to ensure on-time delivery, minimize transportation costs, and improve overall logistics performance.
- Manage a team of logistics professionals, including hiring, training, and performance management.
- Design and optimize logistics routes for the company's inbound and outbound shipments to improve delivery times and reduce costs.
- Analyze data to identify trends, opportunities, and risks in the logistics and recommend improvements.
- Coordinate with carriers and warehouses to ensure timely delivery of goods and resolve any issues that may arise.
- Collaborate with logistics, inventory, and business development teams to optimize vehicle capacity and utilization
- Collaborate with other logistics and operations team members to ensure efficient and effective communication and coordination.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders, such as carriers & customers, to ensure effective and efficient logistics operations.
- Develop and implement contingency plans to address transportation disruptions and emergencies
- Monitor and report on transportation performance metrics, including on-time delivery, transportation costs, and transportation capacity utilization
- Prepare regular reports and presentations for management and other stakeholders to communicate logistics performance and identify improvement opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree in logistics, supply chain management, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in logistics and supply chain management, with at least 2 years in a management role.
- Strong knowledge of logistics, transportation, and inventory management.
- Proficiency in logistics software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with transportation management systems (TMS) and route optimization software.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Flexibility to work extended hours and weekends as needed