To support the Group Regulatory Compliance “GRC” in strengthening the internal control in the First Line of Defense across the Company and to help ensure that compliance risks are efficiently and effectively assessed, mitigated and controlled.
- Assist in preparation of Annual Compliance Plan and ensure all relevant Regulatory Compliance activities / initiatives are completed within the timeline.
- Assist in preparation of compliance reports to Management Reporting e.g., Corporate Governance Council, Board Audit Committee, or any other relevant stakeholders, where applicable.
- Plan, coordinate and conduct Compliance training for Business Units / Support Units to improve their understanding of governing regulatory requirements.
- Review the Compliance training materials in a timely manner and constantly explore ways to enhance the training effectiveness and efficiency, as appropriate.
- Develop and drive compliance risk awareness programs, training, knowledge sharing and facilitation exercises.
- Participate in compliance review or thematic reviews to test the effectiveness of compliance risk controls in the Company.
- Assist in developing risk-based review approach and testing program for each line of business and support units in the Company.
- Continuous review & improvement of processes within the Business Units / Support Units across the Company to enable and ensure compliance.
- Assist and support the development and maintenance of the Regulatory Compliance Framework which may include Gap Analysis, Regulatory Compliance Matrices, Compliance Trackers, and Regulatory Compliance Self-Assessment to effectively monitor compliance risk.
- Provide regulatory compliance support, guidance, and advice to internal stakeholders, bank partners and agency force, in relation to regulatory developments, gap analysis and projects, initiatives, process enhancements etc.
- Assist in the follow-up with the respective Business / Support Units to ensure all deficiencies detected are remediated in a timely manner.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor from time to time.
- A recognized Degree in in relevant field or any other equivalent qualification.
- At least 6 year(s) of working experience preferably with exposure in the Life Insurance industry or Financial industry.
- Possess a positive attitude and highly self-motivated.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- High attention to detail and ability to follow instructions yet provide feedback constructively.
- Able to work under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a demanding and collaborative environment.
- Experience in reviewing, assessing, developing and documenting internal processes, controls and templates.
- Experience in working in a project environment and assisting in preparing presentation of reports to senior management.
- Experience with startup or automotive-related industry would be an added advantage.