Carsome is Southeast Asia’s largest integrated car e-commerce platform. We’re innovating and solving some of the biggest challenges within the industry. Engineering within Carsome is in a hyper-growth phase as Carsome continues its journey to digitise and bring delightful experiences to our customers.
About the team
The engineering team is responsible for innovating and solving problems for our customers. We journey with our customers throughout the entire process of buying or selling a car and everything that comes with it. Collaboration is at the core of engineering with data and product teams that constantly get feedback from customers.
About the role
Engineering leads play a key role in inspiring and driving outcomes within the engineering team. Engineers will look to you for solutioning of complex problems. You will engage actively with product teams to craft crystal clear solutions for engineers to take on and execute.
What you’ll do
- Technical leadership: Initiate and lead discussions pertaining to solutioning and bring clarity to engineers in helping them build distributed microservices.
- Technology roadmap: Drive the execution of our technology roadmap with engineers.
- Demonstrate technical skills necessary to successfully execute infrastructure and tool improvements for new products and existing products and workflows.
- You have experience communicating complex solutions to engineers be it whiteboarding or requirement documents.
- You love problem solving and see it as an opportunity to make things better.
- Ability to challenge and push a solution that is needed.
- You are able to show how it is done with engineers.
- Documentation is in your DNA.
- You are adaptable.
- Experience working with a product team to build a vision for how UX, UI and the back-end will come together on a given product or feature.
- You have proven skills in building software in a cloud environment.
- You advocate for the culture of DevOps. You build it, you own it.
- You have experience working with SQL / NoSQL databases.
- You have experience building on the cloud.
What sets you apart
- You have worked on horizontal platforms / products with other engineering teams
- Learning never stops for you. You understand that things change and learning is the path of least resistance.