• The Security Technician, Physical Security is responsible to assist the Security Engineer, Physical Security in ensuring the design, construction, repair and maintenance of all ACMS, IDS, VMS and video surveillance systems meets Carsome minimum physical security requirements.
• Incumbent receives and evaluates work orders and requests, investigates requests and troubleshoots problems where appropriate, establishes priorities and coordinates with contractors, when required, to make necessary repairs.
• Incumbent provides subject matter expertise related to systems. Incumbent manages the work of outside contractors to make sure all work meets Carsome requirements and applicable codes.
• Respectful, collaborative, and proactive team player with excellent communication (spoken and written) skills.
• Resourceful and able to work independently and under pressure within tight deadlines.
• Assist with the design, installation, and maintenance of the ACMS, IDS, VMS, video surveillance systems, as well as the integration of other safety and security subsystems, i.e. intrusion detection.
• Designs, installs and/or oversees the work of contractors who install wiring in Carsome new construction and remodel projects relating to systems. Reviews plans for all ACMS, IDS, VMS, video surveillance systems and life safety alarm work related to new construction to be certain work meets Carsome requirements.
• Responsible for monitoring the scheduled maintenance, cleaning and minor repairs or adjustments to electronic devices, including but not limited to ACMS, IDS, VMS and video surveillance systems devices. Keeps equipment updated and operational, meeting Carsome requirements.
• Supports security systems integration, mapping and software updates and helps train other Carsome personnel in the use of these systems.
• Coordinates low voltage electrical work of contractors related to repair, renovation and maintenance activities of systems, including, intrusion detection systems and equipment, video surveillance systems and equipment and access control systems and equipment.
• Researches methods, systems or materials for purchase of systems.
• Maintains appropriate records as required.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Preferably a diploma holder in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with in depth experience in ELV.
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, with experience of dealing with executives at all levels including the capacity to articulate the case for risk management.
• Demonstrated expert understanding of ACMS, CCTV, IDS, VMS and alarm systems.
• Keep abreast of new developments in the security field and be alert to potential breaches.
• Demonstrated strong vendor management and ability to resolve security issues within stipulated time