The Mid Level DevOps Engineer is responsible for actively supporting the Product & Technology team for all technical aspects of the IT infrastructure and shared services. The role also provides guidance to junior members to help them to level up their skillset to better support the group.
- Maintain service uptime for all production infrastructures
- Actively monitoring production systems performance & activity
- Identify potentials for automation
- Install, administer and maintain existing & new configurations
- Responsible for planning, maintaining dev, test and production environments with continuous integration
- Responsible for release deployments
- Attend to issues that arises from time to time
- Actively contribute to knowledge sharing across the group
- Standby / On Call during off office hours to assist to resolve any critical issue that arises.
- Recommend changes or enhancements and on-going research of emerging trends and new technologies, which may benefit the organisation’s goal of strategically implementing technology to enhance business performance.
- Weekly progress meeting with line manager.
- Provide support / always be on standby during project rollout and deployments
- Perform ad-hoc tasks as per line manager’s request
- Provide reporting, not limited to systems performance and incident reporting following the ITIL framework.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent, preferably in an IT-related field
- Familiar and experienced in ITIL framework and processes.
- Experience in troubleshooting Linux & Microsoft operating systems
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to independently time manage, and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and stakeholders who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines. Hence, able to proactively initiate, develop, and maintain effective working relationships with team members
- Familiarity and experience working in multidisciplinary teams
- Very high standard of accuracy, presentation and attention to detail
- Solid working experience with Windows and Linux servers
- Solid experience in CICD technologies stack: Kubernetes, Dockers, Terraform & Jenkins .
- Solid experience in technologies stack: Nginx, MySQL, PHP-FPM, Solr, Redis, & Queue.
- Programming: Python, & Bash scripting.
- Knowledge on Amazon services - VPC, S3 and EC2 is an added advantage.
- Solid experience with automation scripts