This position will report to the Head of Logistics, working closely with departments across the organization, such as supply chain, commercial, finance, procurement, and legal. As the Manager of Logistics Support, you will be expected to drive cross departmental projects, logistics performance, and administrative activities related to finance, legal, and procurement. You will work directly with logistics functions - fleet management and route planning - to ensure end-to-end performance and project deliverables. To be successful in this role, you should be able to manage projects by identifying operational opportunities, drafting proposals, presenting to management, executing plans, and measuring performance. Ultimately, you will create logistics impacts that improve speed, cost, and quality.
- Translate business priorities into actionable project plans with clear scopes, milestones, and success criteria.
- Draft project plans by defining objective, background, problem statement, proposed solution, risk management.
- Prepare presentations to communicate project plans and updates to audiences of varying seniority (i.e. operational employees vs management).
- Identify, secure, and manage resources to execute projects (i.e. expertise from other departments).
- Drive collaboration among departments and functions to meet common business goals.
- Track project progress and communicate to stakeholders to manage expectations.
- Define, control, and drive performance metrics across logistics functions - fleet management and route planning.
- Monitor logistics performance and costing by building tools to detect abnormality and designing dashboards to provide end-to-end visibility.
- Drill down analysis to identify root causes of performance bottleneck, costing discrepancy, potential operational risks.
- Monitor financial activities to ensure payment to vendors within payment terms.
- Manage procurements requests by preparing Management Paper and raising Purchase Requisition.
- A tertiary qualification or equivalent in Business, Economics, Statistics, Supply Chain.
- At least 5 year(s) of working experience in the project and performance management. Preferably in e-commerce, consulting, or operation focus industry.
- Strong in numerical analysis and powerpoint presentation.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills to drive and manage cross-functional stakeholders.
- Ability to work under pressure, fast-paced, changing, and ambiguous environments.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work independently.
- Skill in Excel (data modeling, visualization); SQL is a plus
- Experience in operational performance management, business process analysis, costing simulation, procurement activities.