Carsome is Southeast Asia’s largest integrated car e-commerce platform. We’re innovating and solving some of the biggest challenges within the industry. Engineering within Carsome is in a hyper-growth phase as Carsome continues its journey to digitise and bring delightful experiences to our customers.
About the team
The engineering team is responsible for innovating and solving problems for our customers. We journey with our customers throughout the entire process of buying or selling a car and everything that comes with it. Collaboration is at the core of engineering with data and product teams that constantly get feedback from customers.
About the role
Engineering managers play a key role in developing engineering talent, leading them and driving engineering excellence within the organisation. You will engage with stakeholders within the various business units along with product teams to build amazing experiences for our customers.
What you’ll do
- Team leadership: build and lead a team of full stack engineers adept to building distributed microservices.
- Technology roadmap: Re-evaluate architecture choices on an ongoing basis in anticipation of the dynamic needs of the business.
- Demonstrate technical skills necessary to successfully drive infrastructure and tool improvements for new products and existing products and workflows
- Build, guide and nurture an inclusive team of great engineers from different locations, backgrounds, cultures, industries and life experiences.
- You have experience building and leading a team of engineers.
- You love problem solving and see it as an opportunity to make things better.
- Track record of managing successful teams and investing actively in mentoring and coaching every team member.
- Ability to work through ambiguous requirements and make difficult decisions to push through for the betterment of the organisation.
- You are passionate about building highly scalable solutions and systems that are adaptable
- You are adaptable.
- Experience working with a product team to build a vision for how UX, UI and the back-end will come together on a given product or feature.
- You have proven skills in building software in a cloud environment.
- You advocate for the culture of DevOps. You build it, you own it.
What sets you apart
- You have worked on horizontal platforms / products with other engineering teams
- You are people first and you understand that organisations are nothing without its people.