To provide an internal audit service as defined in the internal audit charter to give reassurance to management:
- Where the system of internal control is found to be adequate for achieving management objectives in an efficient manner and where the established procedures are being properly followed;
- Where assets are found to be adequately safeguarded and properly protected; and
- Where the management information available is found to be sound and adequate for proper control.
- To assist the Audit Manager to review and revise the existing Audit Charter and Audit Manual for GIA on a periodic basis.
- To assist the Audit Manager to review and revise the existing Audit Universe on a periodic basis.
- To prepare and implement the Audit Programme and Audit Plan.
- To ensure that the objectives stated in the Audit Programme are achieved.
- To foster constructive working relationships with management, their staffs and with external auditors.
- To respect the confidentiality of all information obtained in the course of audit work.
- To apply a sound understanding of internal auditing techniques to a thorough knowledge of the Company and its system of internal control involving all functions.
- To coordinate with Risk Management Team to identify, assess and rank the risks to which the Company’s department / sections are exposed.
- To execute the internal audit assignments according to approved Internal Audit Plan.
- To review audit work of subordinates.
- To monitor and review the detailed findings and recommendations and note management’s comments before formally requesting a written response from them.
- To review and submit draft audit report to the Audit Manager.
- To perform any other duties as and when instructed by the Audit Manager and / or Head of Internal Audit.
- Min 6 years of internal audit cum investigation working experience from automotive industry or big 4.
- Familiar with Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission Act s17A.
- Excellent audit report writing skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and articulate opinions independently.
- Approximately 30% of traveling required.
- Some stress is inherent in long working hours, which may be experienced in undertaking and completing audit assignments.
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated while being a great team player.
- Strong analytical and forward-thinking skills.
- Professionally certified will be an added advantage.