As Director of Organisation Development and Design, you will shape the organisation development and design strategies, establish the transformation roadmap both with help from external partners and through your own internal team, and operationalise the strategies, plans and policies so they are aligned with the delivery of the Organisation’s Strategic Plan.
You will also provide specialist expertise across the People and Culture team, and the Group Executive Team in the development of organisational culture, competency planning, talent management & succession planning, leadership development, employee engagement, total rewards, learning & development, and other aspects of organisational change management and development interventions and plans.
You will hire, lead, and manage a specialist team of OD and learning practitioners in the development and delivery of aligned programmes, including the provision of team and individual solutions across the organisation.
- In partnership with the Chief People Officer, your peers in the People team, and other business leaders, develop the corporate (regional and local) Organisation Development Plan
- Manage the implementation of ODD Strategies, Plans and Policies against agreed company timeframes and budget, and reporting based on agreed performance measures.Lead the development and oversee the implementation of a culture of continuous learning and development aligned with the requirements of the company’s current and future strategies.
- Lead the development of integrated systems to support learning needs analysis, objective setting and development planning. Drive the development of effective learning for the enabling of objectives, building capabilities and driving performance.
- Support Succession Planning and Talent management across the organization. Identify and strengthen bench strength for the critical positions. Identify and develop talent as well as build accelerated pipeline pathways including managed moves and targeted assignments.
- Deliver key performance targets and key corporate objectives such as the implementation of learning and development solutions to support reflective leadership and management practice, objective setting and personal development planning.
- Ensure that all activities across the OD & Learning Plans are organised to ensure a coordinated approach to programme delivery.
- Provide support for the development of a highly engaged workforce through holistic engagement strategies and an effective leadership culture.
- Design and facilitate the implementation of values and culture interventions and workshops, gamifications and awards to foster and support the organisational culture. Embed and reinforce the culture through various People processes and systems.
- Work with the Chief People Officer to ensure that all implications of operational & organisational development activities are fully understood, and that there is an integrated response to delivery across both functions.
- Develop and embed an approach to the evaluation of organisational development and learning activities and ensure the delivery of key objectives and impactful or value add outcomes
- Degree in organisational development/organisational behaviour or psychology with minimum 8 to 10 years of experience working with organisational development for operations in both small and large companies, especially public
- Master's degree in organisational development/organisational behaviour is an added advantage.
- A strong people leader and developer; and culture catalyst
- A team player with good communication and analytical skills
- Good business acumen and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational sensing and apt at systemic problem solving
- High levels of patience and savviness to navigate unstructured environments
- The position may require the ability and willingness to travel domestically and regionally up to 20% of the time.