You will be responsible for the finance functions for CARSOME Malaysia including major aspects of financial and management accounting, including finance systems development and implementation and support to stakeholders to ensure reporting requirements and minimum standards are met.
- To manage finance functions and ensure completeness of day-to-day operations for overall accounting and financial activities.
- To lead and manage month end closing and issuance of accurate and timely monthly financial statement and related monthly close package.
- To ensure monthly financial reports are analyzed for top management review, highlights if there is any remedial action that is required.
- To provide support and advice to regional office on the development of local financial procedures.
- To review existing process with respective department for process improvement and improve efficiency.
- To oversee the year-end audit and all relevant tax submissions, ensuring that all financial returns are completed accurately and to the required timescale.
- To provide support and monitor the team as well as staff development.
- Perform all other duties/projects assigned as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and a professional accounting qualification.
- Member of a recognized professional financial body.
- Minimum 5 years of extensive experience in managing accounting and finance activities.
- Good working knowledge of accounting system and internal control system.
- Sound knowledge of Malaysian Financial Reporting Standards.
- Ability to work independently and make rational routine decisions.
- Substantial experience of development, implementation and monitoring of finance systems and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, good command of English on both written and oral.
- Strong planning skills and performance management skills including mentoring and capacity building.
- Ability to work in complex, fast paced environment and respond under ambiguous environment.
- A high degree of computer literacy, proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Have a flair for numbers, strong experience in income statement analysis, aggressively anticipate impacts of workload/issues to adhere with deadlines and have a very positive work attitude including willing to work some longer hours during peak periods.