You will be responsible for handling legal requests such as contract review, drafting and providing timely advice on a daily basis. You will be conducting research and have a comprehensive knowledge of the legal industry, including law processes and federal regulations. To be successful in this role, you should be able to understand the pressure points, strategy and objectives of the business and effectively communicate the risks and legal issues involved in any decision to management. This enables management to make informed strategic choices within an acceptable legal risk profile. Ultimately, you should be able to develop long-term strategies to support the business needs and growth.
- Conduct effective legal research and analysis and provide timely and strategic solution to support CARSOME’s operations and growth.
- Manage a full life-cycle contract (negotiation, review, execution, enforcement and closing) to ensure CARSOME’s rights are adequately managed/protected/enforced.
- Develop internal legal templates (commercial and transaction) to support CARSOME’s operations and growth.
- Manage and coordinate legal action for and against CARSOME (testify when needed, briefing, attend court and provide testimony to government agencies).
- Manage, coordinate and liaise with CARSOME’s panel external firms, company secretary, government agencies and authorities.
- Monitor the licenses, permits and registrations in relation to CARSOME’s business and operations in Malaysia.
- Provide an update of the development of laws and regulations that have impact on CARSOME.
- Maintain a Master Data List (contract review, advisory, litigation, M&A and licenses) and provide the required information, briefing and support to CARSOME’s Management (during corporate meetings).
- Conduct internal trainings as and when required.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Law or equivalent.
- Qualified practicing lawyer in Malaysia.
- 2-3 years of legal working experience (preferably experience working in a law firm) in corporate and commercial (litigation and non-litigation) matters.
- Knowledge and experience in M&A, licensing, FDI, company secretarial and automotive industry will be an added advantage.
- Ability to lead projects (concurrent), drive for results and provide value added support to the business (independently or minimal supervision and be able achieve and deliver within the stipulated timeline and expectations).
- History of being a team player and willingness to contribute wherever needed.
- Ability to communicate and deal effectively with diverse individuals at all organizational levels.
- Strong and effective communication in Bahasa and English (both verbal and written communication).